9 years

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 10:10:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi

I especially want to mention and say thanks to Dan Fandrich, Gisle Vanem and
Yang Tse who do a lot of work "in silence" and commit good stuff on regular
basis.

I greatly appreciate the companies that have paid for features and extensions,
that have allowed me to do parts of my efforts on paid work hours.

The over 500 named contributors have made (lib)curl to what it currently is.

On this very day, nine long years ago, curl was first released. We've come a
long way since then. I don't see any signs on a slow-down, but instead we move
at a greater pace than ever before.

We don't get awards. We don't have any celebrities involved. We have no
particular company backing. There's no glory and very very little hipe in this
project. But we don't need any of that. I enjoy spending time on this project
and I do my best and try to produce quality code and design for everyone.

curl is currently being downloaded roughly *one million* times per year, from
our mirrors only. Add all the distro downloads and when downloaded as part of
other packages, and we most likely end up in several million downloads per
year. That's not too shabby!

The curl.haxx.se web site gets more than 100.000 unique visitors per month,
during which they download more than 50GB.

Enough with that now. Back to our regular programming!