Re: Re: Maxdownload problem & SSH question

From: <thyros_at_op.pl>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:22:42 +0200

>> I'd like to use SSH to connect with FTP.
>
>libcurl doesn't support FTP over SSH. I'd suggest you use one of FTP-SSL, SCP
>or SFTP instead.
>
>> are the CURLOPT_SSH_* (including CURLOPT_SSLKEYPASSWD) only settings that I
>> need to set?
>
>The *SSH* ones are for SCP and SFTP, and the *SSL* ones are interesting for
>FTP-SSL.
>
>> And what next? Can I connect to the server as when I connect without SSH?
>> Can I still use 21 port or maybe I have use 22?
>
>I can't really tell, since I'm not sure which of the supported protocols
>you're talking about here. I assume you speak about SFTP and then it uses port
>22 by default, but you can of course use whatever port you like.

I want to create FTP client that can also supports SFTP and FTPS.
The client itself works, but I'm not realy familiar with those security method.

So to allow user use SFTP I need to set those
*SSH* settings, but do I have to do anything else?
For example use "sftp://server/path/" instead of "ftp://..."?

Regards and thank you for your patient ;)