Re: re-using connection with authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:24:17 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Sigrid Thijs wrote:

>> Any chance you feel like taking a stab at that?
>
> I'm not sure if I know enough about libcurl to do this. If it's only moving
> the authentication state and adjusting the code that uses these struct's, it
> would be doable. But I don't know what the impact is of this change?

No, that won't be enough. HTTP authentication isn't bound to a specific
connection (except for NTLM), so it must survive even if the negotitation is
made on several connections.

I'm actually not even sure it makes sense to try to support what you're trying
to do since it would mean that state information that isn't strictly related
to the connection would have to be stored per-connection only to be possible
to hand over to the new easy handle when the connection happen to be re-used
by a fresh handle...