Re: re-using connection with authentication

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 23:11:04 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Sigrid Thijs wrote:

>> I'm actually not even sure it makes sense to try to support what you're
>> trying to do
> Well, it has always worked that way (until we upgraded)

I very much doubt that.

Before 7.16.0, each easy handle had its own connection cache (thus there was
no connection re-use between two different easy handles the way they are done
now) and with 7.16.0 that introduced the shared connections among the easy
handles in a multi handle, this explained limitation came along.

> but if it's not supported anymore to use multiple easy handles with
> authentication on the same connection, you should say so.

First, this is not a changed behaviour.

Then, it *is* supported. It's just that the authentication "negotiation" is
done a second time for the second handle.

And third, if you really want this to be supported then please help us and
tell us how it should work.

  Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: