Re: Autobuild hung today

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:11:46 -0700

On Sat, Mar 31, 2007 at 07:37:10PM +0200, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> I had yesterday this total hung, and it made the machine unaccessable from remote.

The hanging problem is known, but I don't see how it could make the machine
inaccessible. In any case, this is clearly a serious problem. I've just
disabled the SSH tests for now until this can be sorted out. The sshd
started for the curl tests shouldn't have any effect on remote access--it
runs on a different port and should be completely independent of the sshd
running on port 22 (I'm assuming that's where you're having the remote
accessibility problem).

> In addition now after the recent changes I see that none of the test servers start anymore;
> since I changed the user running autobuilds from root to a normal user I thought first that I missed something, but I can see a couple of other autobuilds now suffering from same issue....
> any ideas, someone?

I posted the patch to fix the hang here and on the libssh2 mailing list
yesterday; I hope it's applied soon. I suspect the hang caused all the
test servers to fail to be shut down properly when the process was finally
killed manually after hanging, causing problems on future test runs.

>>> Dan