LDAPS (was RE: LDAP)

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 18:56:56 +0200

I've checked the CVS version the same way as I checked your patch, with
the same results :-(

Seems that you use the "Novell CLDAP SDK" that is probably very
compatible with openldap for LDAP, but not for LDAPS.

OpenLDAP does not define file ldap_ssl.h, neither does it define
ldapssl_xxx procedures. Instead, they have a procedure ldap_start_tls(),
etc. I'm far from being an OpenLDAP guru, but I found this info at
http://www.openldap.org/software/man.cgi?query=ldap
after searching a long time for the missing entities...

'seems enabling LDAPS introduces lots of compatibility problems, huhhh