What do I need to do to close the socket opens by curl

From: ying lcs <yinglcs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:55:32 -0500

Hi,

I am following an curl example to send a HTTP request. But one
question I have is where/what do I need to do to make sure the sockets
opened closed?

And does curl looks at the HTTP Keep-alive response header? Is it
possible for me to close the socket regardless of the http keep alive
header?

Thank you.

Here is the example I am following:

 CURL *curl_handle;

  struct MemoryStruct chunk;

  chunk.memory=NULL; /* we expect realloc(NULL, size) to work */
  chunk.size = 0; /* no data at this point */

  curl_global_init(CURL_GLOBAL_ALL);

  /* init the curl session */
  curl_handle = curl_easy_init();

  char* url = "http://www.google.com";

  curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_URL, url);

  /* send all data to this function */
  curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, WriteMemoryCallback);

  /* we pass our 'chunk' struct to the callback function */
  curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, (void *)&chunk);

  /* some servers don't like requests that are made without a user-agent
     field, so we provide one */
  curl_easy_setopt(curl_handle, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "libcurl-agent/1.0");

  /* get it! */
  curl_easy_perform(curl_handle);

  /* cleanup curl stuff */
  curl_easy_cleanup(curl_handle);

  /*
   * Now, our chunk.memory points to a memory block that is chunk.size
   * bytes big and contains the remote file.
   *
   * Do something nice with it!
   *
   * You should be aware of the fact that at this point we might have an
   * allocated data block, and nothing has yet deallocated that data. So when
   * you're done with it, you should free() it as a nice application.
   */

  if(chunk.memory)
    free(chunk.memory);