Re: icc segmentation faults

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:14:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> Not as good as my 6502 assembly language used to be.. :) But I may have a
> go at it anyway, I actually started on it yesterday but I have't figured out
> the tools yet.

Use:

$ objdump -d [object file]

To disassemble a specific object file. It could make sense to compare a
working version with a non-working one.

For some even more fancy assembly, you can run gcc -S -fverbose-asm, and
possibly icc has some similar option. -S alone basically shows the same output
like objdump, but with the -f you get intermixed C as comments in the output
etc which might make it easier to parse and understand.