select does not like bad input (was RE: Weird FTP Connect Error Bug)

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:27:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007, wrote:

> I'm not sure this email was intended for me however I do have a problem with
> v7.17.0 running on windows xp.

Why would it be indented for you if you didn't experience the problem that
this thread discusses or you have anything to contribute with in the subject?

And if you had nothing to say about the existing topic, why on earth did you
quote the entire previous mail? See:

You hijack this thread with an entirely different subject, and that is not
considered nice:

> - the problem is that curl_multi_fdset returns a maxfd value less than zero
> which cause the subsequent select to fail.

Yes, so don't call select() with a bad input value.

  Commercial curl and libcurl Technical Support: