Hi, I am having problems transfering from/to an FTPS Filezilla server
(hosted on Windows XP)
using CURL on Mac OS X 10.4.11 (libcurl/7.13.1 OpenSSL/0.9.71 zlib/1.2.3)
The client connects to the server, and It gets to the point of verifying the
certificate (generated in
filezilla). It says the certificate is not valid with error number 1 (18),
but that it is continuing anyway.
After this, there is a long period of nothing.... and then an "FTP response
reading failed" message.
Finaly the connection is closed.
On the server, this is the log:
(not logged in) (172.16.28.128)> Connected, sending welcome message...
(not logged in) (172.16.28.128)> 220-Hello
(not logged in) (172.16.28.128)> 220-FileZilla Server version 0.9.24 beta
(not logged in) (172.16.28.128)> 220-written by Tim Kosse (Tim.Kosse_at_gmx.de)
(not logged in) (172.16.28.128)> 220 Please visit
(not logged in) (172.16.28.128)> AUTH SSL
(not logged in) (172.16.28.128)> 234 Using authentication type SSL
(not logged in) (172.16.28.128)> SSL connection established
(not logged in) (172.16.28.128)> disconnected.
This happend when using libCURL in RealBasic through the MBS Plugin, but it
also happens using
the command line tool:
-k -v --USER standarduser:password
* About to connect() to 172.16.28.119 port 21
* Trying 172.16.28.119... * connected
* Connected to 172.16.28.119 (172.16.28.119) port 21
< 220-FileZilla Server version 0.9.24 beta
< 220-written by Tim Kosse (Tim.Kosse_at_gmx.de)
< 220 Please visit http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/
> AUTH SSL
< 234 Using authentication type SSL
* successfully set certificate verify locations:
* CAfile: /usr/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt
* SSL connection using AES256-SHA
* Server certificate:
* subject: /CN=172.16.28.119/C=MX/ST=DF/L=Mexico
* start date: 2008-04-04 22:26:09 GMT
* expire date: 2009-04-04 22:26:09 GMT
* common name: 172.16.28.119 (matched)
* issuer: /CN=172.16.28.119/C=MX/ST=DF/L=Mexico
* SSL certificate verify result: error number 1 (18), continuing anyway.
* FTP response reading failed
* Closing connection #0
curl: (56) FTP response reading failed
This is really bad, because the same stuff works perfectly on Windows!
On my program using libCURL I set the options like this:
CURLOPT_FTP_SSL = CURLFTPSSL_ALL
CURLOPT_FTP_SSLAUTH = CURLFTPAUTH_TLS
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER = 0
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST = 0
When connecting to a test FTPS server, the same thing happens while
downloading this file
So basically what I think is that we are getting stuck after the SSL
Connection is established and libCURL is not sending the USER
command... does that sound logical? is this a bug or is there something I'm
missing? Once again, this works on Windows no problem...
Received on 2008-04-08