libcurl on Symbian OS

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:44:40 -0700

I've checked in to CVS code that allow curl to run under Symbian OS.
This support uses Symbian's P.I.P.S. POSIX compatibility layer, so the
patches were all pretty straightforward. curl is built as a standard
console app, and libcurl is a standard Symbian DLL.

curl on Symbian OS probably isn't that interesting in itself, as most
Symbian devices aren't set up to enter long command-line strings, but
the libcurl DLL could be useful to people porting apps to Symbian with
P.I.P.S. I haven't written a C++ wrapper or anything to make the DLL
easier to use with standard Symbian apps--it provides the standard libcurl
C API. There's not much point in providing binaries since they wouldn't
work in most (all?) phones without being Symbian Signed.

I've documented some of the quirks in a readme.txt file included in the
packages/Symbian directory.

>>> Dan