Re: building libcurl using visual c++

From: test test <testcodes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 21:38:51 -0400

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:56 PM, David Rosenstrauch <darose_at_darose.net>
wrote:

> test test wrote:
>
>> not sure if i'm maling this to the right email address cause this is the
>> first time i joined a mailing list, if not, kindly please forward. thanks
>>
>> i need to build libcurl.dll, libcurl.lib, and any other additional files
>> required by libcurl for this project i'm doing.
>>
>> i looked at http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/visual_studio.pdf and followed
>> the
>> steps, but everytime i build it i only get a curllib.lib and no other dll
>> files
>>
>> any suggestion on how to do this?
>>
>> i currently have visual c++ 2008 express, but i also downloaded visual
>> studio pro 2005 (trial) just in case i need that instead. my school also
>> has vs pro 2005 and i tried it there but i also keep on getting only the
>> curllib.lib
>>
>> thanks
>>

> I can help; I went through this recently.
>
> Download the source zip (e.g., curl-7.18.1.zip), extract it, and then open
> up the curllib.dsw workspace in the lib directory. You should be able to
> build the library using that workspace. Worked for me on VC2003 and VC6. I
> did have to tweak some of the source code settings to get it to work, but I
> thought that was because I needed to build an older version (7.15.4). If
> you get stuck or it doesn't compile, feel free to drop me an email offlist.
>
> DR

i got it to work, thanks. the problem was when i tried me before, it
prompted me if i wanted to load the project in a different format or
something. i kept on choosing "yes" and it never worked before. i then
tried choosing "no" and looks like it worked fine. thanks for the help