Re: scp transfers not working

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 22:13:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 9 May 2008, Eric wrote:

> 52 Meg file over 100 MegBit LAN

> cygwin openssh sftp 18 secs
> curl sftp upload 167 secs

Kind of pathetic in comparison... :-/

> curl scp upload does not work

Does this always fail and does it always fail the same way with big files? How
big file is required?

The CURLE_SEND_ERROR you seem to have got isn't returned specificly from any
ssh-related function so it's not clear to me why or where this happens...

> cygwin openssh scp 6.5 secs
> curl scp download 6.5 secs

This number I like.

> Given the big discrepancy between scp and sftp in general, I'd like to use
> scp as much as possible and only use sftp only to do stuff like rename
> files.

Yeah, but do note that SFTP is an attempt to make a standard protocol, but SCP
is just a copy over SSH which isn't likely to work on any non-unix system etc.