Re: probs. building libcurl w/gssapi on win32

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:33:29 -0700

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 05:17:52PM -0400, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> For the specific changes you cited above, MIT KFW also defines these
> preprocessor definitions (in the win-mac.h file), which results in
> duplicate definition errors. So the ifndef's are required to get the
> code to compile.
>
> But I can't speak to whether or not it makes sense to remove those
> defines for all of libcurl. Perhaps others with better knowledge of the
> code can comment.

That makes some sense, but that MIT code is really messing up the name
space by making its internal configure definitions public. That can cause
some real problems with apps if the environments aren't the same. For these
cases, it's probably better to surround those #defines with an #ifdef on
the macro itself, i.e.

#ifndef HAVE_STDLIB_H
#define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
#endif

instead of

#ifndef HAVE_GSSMIT
#define HAVE_STDLIB_H 1
#endif

>>> +#if (defined(WIN32) || defined(MSDOS) || defined(__EMX__) || defined(__SYMBIAN32__)) && !defined(HAVE_GSSMIT)
>>> #define MSDOS_FILESYSTEM 1
>>> #endif
>
> Again, this is to work around a duplicate definition error in win-mac.h.

Another case of cluttering up the namespace. Here, this is an internal
curl definition so I can just change it within curl (and cross my fingers
that the new name isn't also defined by GSSMIT).

>>> Dan