Re: Send Email with curl

From: tetetest tetetest <tetetest_at_rambler.ru>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 16:57:55 +0400

> >> Well, you could talk over HTTP to a CGI web form that could send
mail
> >> from a server, but if you're talking about SMTP directly from
> libcurl,
> >> no is the right answer.
> >
> > Webmail ( servers that require ssl , like gmail)
>
> This is possible - but not what I would call easy!

As soon as the next version of libcurl comes out, you will be able to
talk to SMTP server directly using curl_easy_send()/curl_easy_recv().
Technically, SMTP protocol is well-defined, text-based and fairly easy
to implement in your client.

But simplicity comes at a price: sending emails with attachments,
pictures and/or non-latin characters will require tricks with Mime
encoding.

PS: I hope you are not going to send out spam...