Re: CURLOPT_HEADERFUNCTION documentation and examples patches, now with actual patches!

From: Nikolai Kondrashov <Nikolai.Kondrashov_at_oktetlabs.ru>
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 14:59:24 +0400

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> The return code (for both read and write callbacks) should
> be the amount of data they have taken care of, which is exactly what
> read() and fwrite() etc typically already return.
Err, what about the following excerpts from the POSIX fread/fwrite manual
pages:

    Upon successful completion, fread() shall return the number of elements
    successfully read...
    [http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/fread.html]

    The fwrite() function shall return the number of elements successfully
    written...
    [http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/fwrite.html]

And the following excerpt from the fread/fwrite man page on Linux:

    fread() and fwrite() return the number of items successfully read
    or written (i.e., not the number of characters).

> Your man page patch looks fine and I'll commit it soon.
Thanks :)!