RE: c++ libcurl: telnet

From: Gary Maxwell <gmaxwell_at_casabi.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 16:53:15 -0700

Julius Morales Reolizo wrote:

> The last line that did not show at the stdin and the same as the
behaviour
> of curl.
> For example, I tried it on telnet://rainmaker.wunderground.com/ the
splash
> screen shows
> but the "Press RETURN to continue:" does not show. On the succeeding
> screen.
> "Press Return to menu", but "or enter 3 letter forcast city code--" is
not
> seen.
> Same at the next screen "Selection:" is missing. Therefore, I can
> conclude
> the last line that should be seen is missing. Well, actually not
missing
> but shown at the next
> command that is sent. I tried it for a whole day same thing is
happening.
> Command first then the last line then the result of the command minus
the
> last line.
> BTW, I apologize for my top posting is kinda normal for a reply button
in
> yahoo.

How are you displaying the data received from the server (wunderground)?
If you are writing the data directly to a console window, the data is
usually buffered until (1) a newline is found in the data, or (2) a read
request is made to the window (implied flush), or (3) the contents of
the buffer are flushed.

This would explain why you are not seeing the last prompt received by
the server, since there is no newline present, and I assume the data you
are sending back to the server does not originate from your console
window.

Feel free to post your application code, then we might be able to offer
better assistance.

-Gary