Re: 64/32/16bit curl_off_t for _WIN32_WCE and ILEC400

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 16:16:22 +0200

2008/6/3, Jamie Lokier wrote:

> Are there any platforms / compilers where the 64-bit integer types
> cannot be added / subtracted from a pointer?

Compilers with segmented memory models can play all kind of tricks.
These under some configurations cut some corners for speed sake, even
pointers might not be capable of addressing more than a certain amount
of memory and adding a big offset to them results in pointer wrapping
instead of addressing of another segment.

I suppose that under this peculiar circumstances the compiler should
'warn real hard' but I have no first hand facts to show you.

--
-=[Yang]=-