int64_t vs long long

From: Yang Tse <>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 12:49:22 +0200

Stuff that is related with the new curl_off_t definition...

Given a compiler/system that has an intrinsec 64-bit "long long" data
type and an "int64_t" declared in <stdint.h>" which one should we
prefer for curl_off_t ?

It seems to me that it would be reasonable to prefer the compiler
intrinsec data type over the library one. But I'm asking for other

And also related with this, once that <stdint.h> goes into scope...

Does anyone know of a compiler/system that has both <stdint.h> and
<sys/types.h> and that breaks if both are included ?