Re: NSS support quirks

From: Arnaud Ebalard <arno_at_natisbad.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 10:43:56 +0200

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> writes:

> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>
>>> - I run a fairly updated Debian Unstable and I have NSS version 3.12
>>> installed I believe. configure detects and enables NSS for the build, but
>>> I seem to lack several functions and the linking fails.
>>
>> Can you provide details?
>
> I certainly can! The current CVS gives me:
>
> The warnings:
>
> nss.c: In function 'nss_load_crl':
> nss.c:421: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ATOB_ConvertAsciiToItem'
> nss.c:421: warning: nested extern declaration of 'ATOB_ConvertAsciiToItem'
> nss.c:442: warning: implicit declaration of function 'SEC_DestroyCrl'
> nss.c:442: warning: nested extern declaration of 'SEC_DestroyCrl'
> nss.c: At top level:
> nss.c:746: warning: unused parameter 'conn'
>
> The link error:
>
> ../lib/.libs/libcurl.a(nss.o): In function `check_issuer_cert':
> /home/daniel/src/curl/lib/nss.c:769: undefined reference to
> CERT_CompareCerts'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Hum, it may be sth else but it seems that both errors are related to
the code we provided for CRL and issuer check, which is untested with
the nss backend. We mainly took into account some comments sent by Rob.

As you might have noticed, building libcurl under Debian creates
libcurl*-openssl and libcurl*-nss versions but does not provide any
libcurl*-nss. Hence the lack of tests of our patches with nss.

Rob might be able to tell what we forgot. Sorry for the time you lost on
that.

Cheers,

a+