Running curl on GPRS.

From: Shakti Ashirvad <shakti.ashirvad_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 15:33:13 +0530

Hi All,

We have developed one application which uses Glibcurl to fetch data from a
server. The data volumes are of 700K to 1M in size. The application never
failed for ethernet, however once we tried running on GPRS, it started
showing peculiar behavior.

- After downloading ~300K it got stuck and the writeDataCallbackFunction
stopped getting called.

We suspect that GPRS was not dropped however connection was very slow and
several packets might have been dropped.

Question:

How do we recover, if network stops sending data. We tried the
CURLOPT_TIMEOUT option, but since the data is large for a slow connection,
we want to detect if packets stop coming to us in the middle and not to
judge on total download time. I hope I am making myself clear. Please let me
know if any other information is required.

Thanks,
Shakti