Re: Connect only

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 08:26:30 -0800

On Wed, Dec 03, 2008 at 03:39:59PM +0100, Jacob Hooysma wrote:
> I'm trying to setup an ftp connection using Libcurl 7.19.2.
>
> What I want to do is a CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY in order to use the recv function.
[...]
> I get a connection with my ftp server. But the easy_perform function
> returns after 60 sec when a timeout has occurred.
> I'm using an url -> ftp://192.168.1.1/x/y/z/movie.avi

CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY is really designed for use while connecting through a
proxy. In the case of a plain FTP URL, CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY would do exactly
the same as a regular socket operation. I don't know why you'd want to use
libcurl in such a situation.

Still, you'd expect libcurl to do something sane in that case. I suspect
it's simply never been tried and CURLOPT_CONNECT_ONLY with FTP is buggy.

>>> Dan