Building libcurl using MSVC

From: Huzaifa Al Nahas <halnahas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 12:34:29 -0800

I am building the latest libcurl (curl 7.19.2) with ssl support using MSVC8.

I followed the instructions in http://curl.netmirror.org/docs/install.html

The library builds without errors. However, when I use it to build a
program that uses libcurl library, it gives the errors:
LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__curl_easy_setopt
and other similar errors.

I included the library libcurl.lib and the path to it so the compiler
finds it (as it does not complain about that). But it does not find
the implementations of functions in it. Is this a build issue?

PS: The same problem happens if I build the libcurl without ssl
support (nmake vc).

Thanks,
Huzaifa