Re: IPV6 platforms which lack of sa6->sin6_scope_id

From: Guenter Knauf <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 20:13:10 +0100

Hi Dan,
Am Mittwoch, 24. Dezember 2008 04:12:59 schrieb Dan Fandrich:
> That sounds like a reasonable fix to me (if2ip.c will also need a similar
> fix). It's "safe" to omit the scope, but I'm not sure how link-local
> addresses will be resolved in that case. But this way it will at least
> work for other addresses on those platforms.
I did this morning commit a patch to configure.ac, and from what I see with
the autobuilds it appears to be working = the new define HAVE_SIN6_SCOPE_ID
is set ...
should I proceed and add the define to all non-configure builds and the code,
or do we perhaps want to invert the logic, and only define a marco if
sin6_scope_id is missing, f.e. NO_SIN6_SCOPE_ID = 1 or such?

OT: some weeks ago I did send you a private mail, did you receive that?

Gün.