Windows VC8 build libcurl_imp.lib?

From: Mister Ribble <ender27182818_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 11:30:00 -0600

I'm building on windows using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 (VC8) and
version 7.19.4 of the libcurl source. I've tried both the IDE and the
commandline instructions for the build, and both of them error out on
the 'curlsrc' project when it can't find libcurl_imp.lib (or
libcurld_imp.lib, depending on the configuration). I have a project that
depends on some symbols in libcurl, and FAQ entry 5.7 seems to indicate
that MSVC should produce libcurl_imp.lib. Is there some additional step
or configuration required to produce libcurl_imp.lib?

-Ender