Re: performance at scale

From: Nick Gerner <>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 17:28:37 -0700

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 11:19 AM, Nick Gerner <> wrote:
> 2) why I'm still getting all this time spent in ConnectionExists

Sorry, I forgot to do a opcontrol --reset between sessions. The updated
profile (not great since this towards the end of my operations which isn't
great) is as follows:

422243 55.3991 hostip.c:0
204745 26.8629 (no location information)
39162 5.1381 (no location information)
32256 4.2320 (no location information) (no
14293 1.8753 (no location information)
6557 0.8603 inffast.c:70

So there's still a lot of time spent in just a couple of methods. Any
thoughts for improving this?
If I increase the size of the DNS cache or eliminate it entirely (which I
don't need since I'm using a local recursing and cache dns server) would I
see a benefit? Actually... I can just try that and get back to you guys ;)

List admin: