Re: nss: timeouts within Curl_nss_recv() and Curl_nss_send()

From: Rob Crittenden <rcritten_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 14:57:39 -0400

Kamil Dudka wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 of October 2009 20:30:00 Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> No, that is needed to ensure it works the same way cross-platform. It is
>> an NSPR-ism.
>
> I don't think so. The timeouts are computed wrong, nobody has noticed it so
> far. Which platform does it need actually?

Wait. You are asking the wrong question.

> How do you know the timeouts given to PR_Recv()/PR_Send() are correct? It
> simply can't be the constant associated with handle. I don't think this is
> the way how libcurl deals with the remainder of timeout.

This is closer. The problem isn't that the conversion is ugly, it is
that it isn't doing the right thing. You are right about the
computation, seconds vs milliseconds, but assuming I'm reading the
comments in url.c right the timeout is supposed to apply to the whole
request and not an individual operation within that request.

This is very out-of-whack and I'm wondering if the framework code
changed and the nss portion was not updated.

So yes, looks like something should change but I'm not entirely sure
what value should be passed to timeout for PR_Recv/PR_Send.

rob