Re: Connection: Keep-Alive. How to detect end

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 05:25:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Marian Aldenhövel wrote:

> Sorry, I did not want to suggest a change to libCurl. I was thinking of
> checking for the end of the content - as determined from that content itself
> - inside of my write-function. In fact I tried that and it goes like this:

libcurl doesn't give that ability to the app, as it is made to work with HTTP
is assumes HTTP is what comes and it works with that stream according to specs
and current practises. While I could see how allowing the app to control some
of the parsing to allow libcurl to be used in more HTTP-like scenarios, I
can't see how we can make this easily with the existing API, I don't think it
is worth spending a lot of effort on and I wouldn't like to grow the code much
for such an edge case.