Re: Curl 7.19.6 CMakeLists.txt patch

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 23:11:19 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009, Kamil Dudka wrote:

> Well, do we actually have any other sources than "main sources"?

Not really, but we have the "not in the main sources" option too! ;-)

> I think branches are the way to go for such experiments. IMO we can simply
> keep the CMake stuff in CVS, but do not distribute it with the released
> tarball.

I admit I'm a softie so when several people really argued for the cmake stuff
to get added, I finally gave in and thought that what the heck "prove me wrong
and provide something that will turn out useful to a fair set of people". So
those files were added.

Now, we see that apparently the people who spoke in favour of cmake - to no
surprise at all - have left the building and are no longer around to maintain.
Contrary to what they said but exactly matching my fears/expectations.

As I believe the state of the cmake build system is still decent or at least
not completely broken, I think it could be worth keeping around for a while
longer just to see if perhaps they're all just very busy or on vacation just
now and will return soon to fix the cmake build again.

But I have little hope of that actually happening.

List admin: