Implementing OAuth support into curl?

From: Viksit Gaur <vik.list.nutch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 14:24:57 -0700

Hi all,

I wanted to get the list's opinion on whether implementing OAuth
support into curl would be a good idea. Given that curl is a utility
that is heavily used to test protected web resources, and currently
supports a plethora of authentication mechanisms - I think it would
make sense for it to have built in support for OAuth as well.

As of last month (April, 2010), the OAuth specification has been
developed into RFC 5849 [1].

Of course, current methods of using curl with oauth tend to be in the
user realm [2], with a clean implementation I recently ran across
allowing curl to access protected resources through a local proxy [3].

I was speaking to Daniel Stenberg on IRC and he welcomed getting some
consensus on the proposal as well.

Cheers
Viksit

[1] - RFC 5849: http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5849