Re: IMAP/SMTP/POP3 examples

From: Ben Greear <>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:04:13 -0700

On 06/08/2010 08:18 AM, Ben Greear wrote:
> On 06/08/2010 07:35 AM, Alona Rossen wrote:
>> Hello Ben,
>> Have you been able to fix IMAP issues mentioned in your post on
>> 03/31/2010:
>> Current curl IMAP code will not do anything doesn't parse
>> URLs and
>> always grabs
>> message ID 1 in INBOX. I'm working on fixing some of this and hope to
>> have a
>> patch
>> to post for comments later today.
>> That said, turning curl IMAP into a fully functional client app will
>> take work
>> even beyond what
>> I'm considering.
> The code in my curl.ct branch works for most cases, but may fail when
> using the multi-api in curl. I think it would also have trouble if you
> got a list of email ids that was more than 16k in length.
> It works fine for getting a normal sized list of email IDs and then
> grabbing the mails one at a time.

To publicly respond to a question sent to me directly:

It's unlikely my imap patch will go into upstream curl. It doesn't do things
quite like the rest of curl and probably doesn't work with multi-connections.

It does not appear trivial to me to fix these problems, at least partially
because I don't have a great understanding of how libcurl architecture works.

I don't have time to fix these issues. Someone else is welcome to re-work
my patch and/or do it correctly some other manner.

> Thanks,
> Ben
>> Thanks,
>> Alona
>> That said, turning curl IMAP into a fully functional

Ben Greear <>
Candela Technologies Inc
List admin: