Re: How to get HTTP charset? I wanna do charset conversion(or maybe libcurl already has this feature)

From: Alexandre Morgaut <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 17:17:30 +0200

Some can't fix the content-type HTTP header and then specify it as a meta in the HTML content

But still...
As some editors set this meta html tag by default from templates, even this information isn't already true

Your choice to add a byte based charset detection script or to accept that badly formatted document won't be well supported

On Jun 10, 2010, at 5:04 PM, Michael Wood wrote:

> Hi
> 2010/6/10 kartwall <>:
> [...]
>> Yeah, I got it. I found in HTTP response headers, "Content-Type:
>> text/html; charset=UTF-8" is what I want. I can check out the charset here.
> The problem is that you will find many pages that claim to be utf-8,
> but are actually iso-8859-1 or something else.
> --
> Michael Wood <>
> List admin:
> Etiquette: