Re: POP3 and DELE command

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:31:18 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Tintin wrote:

> I have tested the POP3 operation in libCurl and everything seems to work
> fine, but how do I suppose to clear (delete) those messages from the inbox?
> A Pop3 client without a the DELE operation looks worthless to me.

Thanks for your understanding that libcurl is a voluntary open source effort
and we write code and features for things we miss and want the library to

You have indeed identified a missing feature that indeed would make perfect
sense and using the QUOTE feature for this would not only follow a fine
libcurl tradition and concept, but would also be fairly easy to implement as
lots of FTP logic and code could be reused or copied.

You up to working on a patch for this?

List admin: