Curl 7.21.0 SMTP

From: Marian Aldenhövel <marian.aldenhoevel_at_mba-software.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 19:03:40 +0200

Hi,

A program of mine is about to evolve into the stage where it wants to
send mail. It is already using libcurl to great advantage for http and
ftp transfers and now that there is SMTP support I was planning to use that.

Is there something special I need to do to get that support?

I upgraded from the 7.19.0 release I was using to 7.21.0. Configure said:

>configure: Configured to build curl/libcurl:
>
> curl version: 7.21.0
> Host setup: i686-pc-linux-gnu
>..
> Protocols: DICT FILE FTP FTPS HTTP HTTPS IMAP IMAPS POP3 POP3S
RTSP SMTP SMTPS TELNET TFTP

I did my make and make install and this is what I get:

> # curl --version
> curl 7.21.0 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.2 zlib/1.2.3.3
> Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict http file
> Features: IPv6 Largefile libz

Tried it regardless:

> root_at_kboxdev:/home/kbox/curl-7.21.0# curl smtp://xxx.xx.de
> curl: (1) Protocol smtp not supported or disabled in libcurl

What am I missing here?

Ciao, MM