Re: crash when using pkcs12 certs with multiple threads

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:14:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Brian Makin wrote:

> Near as I can figure there must be a thread race in the init code for the
> Cert stuff. The crash is generally under here. Could there be a missing
> mutex in there?

The mutex callback calls are all done from inside OpenSSL. It seems unlikely
to have such a mistake if you use a recent library version, but I can't be
sure of that of course.

If this is decently repeatable with a recent OpenSSL I guess it could be an
idea to take it to the next level: build your own OpenSSL lib with debug
option enabled to get a full and detail back trace from the crash and then
approach the OpenSSL team and ask for further assistance.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se