Re: Curl and android

From: Jean-Bernard Collet <collet.jb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:14:39 +0200

Hi,

I have fixed the android source tree problem, but i still cannot compile
curl.

I have joined the trace, but here is the problem :

[code]

In file included from external/curl/lib/url.c:48:
bionic/libc/include/unistd.h: In function 'getpagesize':
bionic/libc/include/unistd.h:176: warning: nested extern declaration of
'__page_size'
bionic/libc/include/unistd.h: In function '__getpageshift':
bionic/libc/include/unistd.h:180: warning: nested extern declaration of
'__page_shift'
external/curl/lib/url.c:73:2: error: #error "We can't compile without
socket() support!"
make: ***
[out/target/product/generic/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libcurl_intermediates/lib/url.o]
Error 1

[/code]

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 10:52:56AM +0200, Jean-Bernard Collet wrote:
> > I did try this morning to compile Curl with the configured step done
> yesterday.
> >
> > Unfortunately, I have updated the Android source tree to the new Froyo
> version
> > and it seems that Android does not compile anymore.
> >
> > Do you think it may be possible to compile curl with the NDK-r4 ? (with
> the
> > previously generated config)
> >
> > How do you think I should do the make ?
>
> The reason there's no config-android.h in the curl source tree like most
> other platforms where configure can't be run (or is very difficult) is
> because Android is such a young platform that's rapidly advancing and is
> subject to frequent change. There are probably differences is bionic
> (Android libc) between versions that will change configure's output, and
> there are definitely differences in the toolchain. I highly recommend
> repeating the configure procedure from the very beginning for each
> different version of Android.

Jb Collet
Student - Master 2
University of Namur