Re: many autobuilds currently broken ...

From: Tor Arntsen <tor_at_spacetec.no>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 14:30:54 +0200

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 21:42, Ben Greear <greearb_at_candelatech.com> wrote:
> On 07/28/2010 12:38 PM, Guenter wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> just looked at the autobuild stats and found that many builds are
>> currently broken; most of them because of c-ares, but there are also
>> some other builds which have test errors which we should take a look at
>
> Is that because of c-ares bugs, or just c-ares isn't configured right
> on those build systems?
>
> Please do post the bugs if you get a chance.

Please have a look at the autobuilds page.

In addition to what has been mentioned already some builds fail
because IPV6 is assumed to exist (at least that's what I saw from a
quick scan at the code that changed in c-ares). This system doesn't
have IPV6:

http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20100729025140-8338#prob1

The 'pton' problem was mentioned already I think, here's also one that
I think needs a rewrite:

http://curl.haxx.se/auto/log.cgi?id=20100729020737-14329#prob15

Presumably changing this to 'for (ptr = csv; ....' would improve
things (instead of setting ptr=csv before the loop).

-Tor