Re: [curl] multi: Fix compile warning on 64-bit systems.

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 08:38:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Guenter wrote:

>> You could save my email as a foo.txt file or whatever, and use 'git am' to
>> apply that?

> that's all? And a followed commit then produces same as Daniel's commit =
> you appear as author, and I as commiter?

Yes, basically. Or you just save the patch part and apply it with 'git apply'
or just 'patch', and then commit it with 'git commit --author="" [file]'.

git itself is less good than patch to merge patches so I've often had to
resort to the patch way due to that.

> BTW. not sure what Daniel thinks, but at least for myself I can say that I
> can quicker review a patch if there are some comments about what were your
> thoughts, f.e. something like:
> - msgs_in_queue comes as parameter from public API curl_foo(int *), so cant
> be changed to size_t without breaking API, therefore for now a cast; I
> believe something like that is the proper way to verify if a patch if correct
> or not ...

I agree in general that the better explanation there is for a change, the
easier our understanding of it becomes. But for these very tiny changes I'm
not sure its worth it.

All typecasts in the code should be considered bad and reasons to look for
other ways to solve the problems.