SFTP download of > 2GB

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 14:55:41 +0200 (CEST)

Hi friends,

We have a peculiar SFTP bug reported and I'm interested in getting some
further feedback and info from others to see if we can figure out in what
situations the bug happens and what we can do about it!

It seems that on _some_ servers we fail to download a file over SFTP if the
file size is larger than 2GB but smaller than 4GB. The size then gets
intepreted as negative and libcurl used to crash and now it bails out. But the
question is: why does it claim a negative file size?

The OpenSSH tool sftp seems to be able to transfer the files in all these
cases so there's something that involves libcurl+libssh2 that trigger this
weirdness.

http://curl.haxx.se/bug/view.cgi?id=3076430