Re: problem about using libcurl to set up SFTP connection

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 14:43:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, CHEN Xiaolei A wrote:

> I am using libcurl to implement a SFTP client, and I encountered a
> security problem about SFTP authentication by keys.

If you think that is a security problem then I would say you currently have
just about two options:

1) make libssh2 able to do its authentication with only the private key

or

2) don't use a SSH-based protocols with libcurl (or libssh2)

This is not an ideal situation and we would like to see this fixed. It "just"
takes for someone to step forward and write/change the necessary code.