Re: SCP and SFTP crash on Windows x64

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 19:53:56 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2010, Zhang, Jack wrote:

> X64 curl.exe crashed

And if you run it with a debugger, can you tell us where it crashed and
possibly provide a backtrace?

We might have some win64 socket related problems left in libcurl and I _know_
for a fact that libssh2 has such problems. I've addressed the most obvious one
(a bad API using 'int' for the socket) in the libssh2 git tree only so it
won't be out until next libssh2 release and then we need to make sure libcurl
uses that new API which then won't happen in a release version until a release
after the next libssh2 release...

> Run debugger in Visual Studio 2008 Professional, got this message for x64
> code
>
> ?fprintf(config->errors, "curl: (%d) %s\n", res, errorbuffer[0]?
> errorbuffer:curl_easy_strerror((CURLcode)res))
> CXX0013: Error: missing operator

That seems like a confused debugger.

> I think that a bug for memory allocation under x64 mode.

Why? What makes you suspect this has anything to do with a memory allocation?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se