Re: Problems with Windows Binaries

From: David Graf <david.graf_at_28msec.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 18:43:07 +0200

Hello Günter

I compiled openssl with boost and it helped! My project is not slower anymore! Great. Actually, I was thinking that I compiled openssl with asm the first time already. But that was not true. It is not possible to compile openssl first without asm. An then compile it again with asm in the same directory.

Concerning the documentation:
For me, the description how to compile curl with ssl from command line doesn't work. I tried out the combinations 'nmake vc-ssl' and 'nmake vs-ssl-dll'. They create a curl.exe. But none of them build a libcurl.dll. Therefore, I searched for a description how to compile curl with ssl in visual studio. Actually, the description from stack overflow is not complete. Some parts are missing. Therefore, I created an internal documentation for my company. If you want, I can contribute this documentation to curl.

Regards
David

On Oct 16, 2010, at 5:41 AM, Guenter wrote:

> Hi,
> Am 15.10.2010 21:12, schrieb David Graf:
>> Because of problem (1), I tried to compile curl with ssl myself.
> certainly the best you can do!
>> I followed the instruction at
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/197444/building-libcurl-with-ssl-support-on-windows.
>> Everything went well. I could link my project agains the .lib files
>> and execute it with the generated dll file. But the execution was
>> unbelievable slow. 5x slower that with the 7.15.1 package. Something
>> is wrong with openssl. If I compile curl without ssl, the speed is
>> ok. Does someone know to fix this problem?
> I would try to compile OpenSSL with ASM support.
>
> BTW. you mentioned docu form stackoverflow - maybe you can contribute the things which were missing for you from our ./docs/INSTALL file ?
>
> Gün.

David Graf
Software Architect

28msec Inc.