Re: Compilation problems with automake 1.13

From: Yang Tse <yangsita_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 17:25:51 +0100

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012, Dave Reisner wrote:

> Automake 1.13 made some changes surrounding tracing of the
> AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR macro. Curl appears to override this macro in
> m4/curl-override.m4 leading to ./buildconf failing rather strangely:
>
> [...]
>
> Any ideas?

I'm going to push attached patch to libcurl's autobuilds in order to
verify that it doesn't break anything. We support autoconf way back to
version 2.57.

The intended purpose of this patch is to provide a 'traceable'
AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR definition only when using an autoconf version
that does not provide it, instead of what we were doing up to now of
providing and overriding AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR for all autoconf
versions.

Could you verify if it modifies or improves the situation also for you?

Remember you have to run 'buildconf' in order to make use of applied patch.

--
-=[Yang]=-