Re: known bug #83

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 13:01:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 2 Jun 2014, Дмитрий Фалько wrote:

Thanks for your feedback on this issue!

> I try to add OpenSSL_config(NULL) in openssl backeend initialization code
> and it work perfectly for on Ubuntu 12.04(x86_64) and armv5te(old OMAP). So
> seems that "but the first seems to not work" is not correct.

The text refers to the bug report 1208 and in there "drook" reports
(https://sourceforge.net/p/curl/bugs/1208/#9c55):

   I just got the same issue with openssl PHP extension, which I tried to fix
   the same way; it appeared that calling OPENSSL_config() two times in two
   different modules (though curl extension doesn't do it directly) leads to
   openssl configuration error.

... so even if this fixes your problem in the short term, there's an obvious
risk that this will make other's use cases burn. The amount of users running
curl and PHP at once is not insignificant.

Hence the suggestion to instead use CONF_modules_load_file() with a NULL
filename (https://sourceforge.net/p/curl/bugs/1208/#f3e4) but I've not gotten
any feedback on how that actually works. Any chance you can try that and see
if you can get that to work for you?