dns cache doesn't refresh entries while they are in use

From: Stefan Bühler <buehler_at_teamviewer.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:14:36 +0000

Hi,

the dns cache doesn't refresh entries while they are in use, which can lead to really bad behavior: your requests time out because the service isn't available anymore, and you try them again (too fast or too many requests), and there is always at least one request using the entry, and it keeps looping...

See https://github.com/tvbuehler/curl/commits/fix-dns-cache-refresh (especially the "fix refreshing of obsolete dns cache entries") for a possible fix, which also contains CURLOPT_RESOLVE related bug fixes.

It would be nice to get feedback for this specific commit, and maybe for the others as well.

I know Ray Satiro is working on CURLOPT_RESOLVE removal (and more) too, and I don't mind if it gets implemented another way - it just was a low hanging fruit :)

Best regards,
Stefan Bühler