Notes About libsoup compared to libcurl
These are only some quick notes. If you have additional experiencies and comments you want to share with the world, we're all ears!
Some info for this page was extracted from the libsoup page.
- libcurl is (far) more portable
- libsoup lacks support for: NTLM for proxies (Proxy-Authentication:), GSS and trailers in chunked responses
- libsoup only builds with GnuTLS for TLS support
- libsoup offers server-side support
- libsoup is using GNOME-related libs, making it a less convenient choice for non-GNOME environments.
- SOCKS support has been removed from libsoup