curl-users

curl with htdig (was RE: HTTPS handshake bug ?)

From: Daniel Stenberg <Daniel.Stenberg_at_haxx.nu>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 08:16:22 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Steve.Wambolt wrote:

> The question is -- How to I plug curl into htdig ?

Very good question. Although I think the question would be better directed to
the htdig crew than to curl people.

I had a quick look in the htdig 3.2 docs and it mentions a parameter for the
config file named 'external_protocols' which seems the one to use:

        http://dev.htdig.org/htdig-3.2/attrs.html#external_protocols

It mentions how you specify an external program to get pages from specified
protocols. From the example on that page, I'd guess that you add a line
similar to this in your htdig config file:

        external_protocols: https /full/path/to/https-script.pl

The https-script.pl must be written to deal with the parameters sent to it
from htdig (as mentioned on that page) and it must also output the results to
stdout in the format that htdig defines.

> I am looking for docs- some of it is confusing - I am wondering if you
> could provide a couple steps for me to follow ..

I hope this helps. If you're lucky, someone using htdig for https has already
done this and then a working https-script could be available.

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.nu - +46-705-44 31 77