curl-users

cURL 6.5.2 for win32.

From: Nico Baggus <nico_baggus_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:57:08 +0200

Hello,

I'm new to using cURL. But I noticed the following:

version of cURL: 6.5.2 with openSSL 0.9.5(a).
server HTTP: WASD VMS Webserver with SSL
server FTP: Tandem + Guardian.

1) Why does cURL try a HEAD request (sending full data) to a web server
(while the uploaded data is certainly
processed by a script i.e. multiform data) and a HEAD request should (AFAIK)
not contain data.
This way the upload will be done twice.

2) The ftp download for ascii (-B) prematurely aborts before all data has
been received.
a normal (nt ftp) CAN get the data without any proble.

I cannot compile sources for the Win32 environment therefore I have to do
with available
resources from the Web.

regards,
Nico Baggus