curl-users

Re: anything for the upcoming release?

From: Andres Garcia <fandom_at_retemail.es>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 21:31:29 +0100

On 01 Dic 2000 08:30, you wrote

> Actually, curl -l ftp://blabla lists both directories and files. But I
> think your request is nevertheless interesting.

Up until now I had only tried it with the wu-ftpd server that
comes with RedHat and it always returned just the files without
the directories.

I tried it some more, and it seems that sometimes it lists the
directories and sometimes it doesn't, like for example:

[Andres@Shire Andres]$ curl -l ftp://www.etsimo.uniovi.es/
README
archive.cfg
ghindex.html
ls-lR.Z
ls-lR.gz
robots.txt

[Andres@Shire Andres]$ curl -l ftp://ftp.metalab.unc.edu/
IAFA-LISTINGS
README
ls-lR

Metalab at least is also using wu-ftpd.

Is there a way to test the NLST command using telnet so
I can check whether it is the server fault?

Andres