curl-users

HTTPS upload

From: Craig Davison <cd_at_securityfocus.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 15:34:32 -0800 (PST)

CURL's https file upload is unreliable for me with large files.

I get a 400 Bad Request (or sometimes no response at all) followed by a
CURLE_WRITE_ERROR (23) about 90% of the time with files > 100k.

The same request works every time in Netscape and IE.

Here is the command line I used:

curl -v "https://blah.blah.blah/blah" -F file=@myfile.zip

The same behaviour is exhibited in FreeBSD, Linux and Windows 2000.

Curl is fine with small files, but with > 100k it seems to choke. I'm
designing an application to upload files up to 20 MB in size.

Are there any known problems with HTTPS upload? I'm using curl 7.5 and
OpenSSL 0.9.6.